Friday 22 June 2012

Final Major Project


A1 acrylic poster of Rapunzel as "The Bearded Lady"


A4 photoshop poster to represent Rapunzel "The Bearded Lady"


A1 acrylic painting of Ariel the little mermaid as the Fiji Mermaid 


A2 pencil study of a Carnival performer


Medium sized canvas textured painting of a skull


My Final pieces displayed together at my end of year show

This week I dismantled my Exhibition, got my Diploma, moved back home and went out to celebrate my Summer freedom so all that has kept me busy and is the reason I have been unable to make posts but Im back and here is a selection of my work from my Final Major Project. 
For my Final Major Project I focused on the theme of "Carnivals", using the title "Fairytale Freakshow" I combined fairytale characters with sideshow acts to create my own unique carnival themed posters and paintings. I researched different characters and their various acts that took part in these performances. I also produced a loose body of preparatory studies, photography, photoshop work and prints. I then developed these individual characters to represent a Carnival act by using inspiration from fashion couture collections such as Jean Paul Gaultier and Christian Lacroix and original fairytales such as Alice in Wonderland and Rapunzel.
 I recorded my research and experimental studies in an A3 sketchbook and regularly evaluated my work in a reflective diary and recorded my techniques and processes in a A4 sketchbook. I also completed a contextual reference report which contained all the artists, exhibitions and designers that inspired me throughout my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment