Wednesday 19 December 2012

Changing The Way You Think


I think its important for a person to have an interest in literature , whether it be from a book, poem, newspaper or magazine article we can learn a lot from their simple messages. I enjoy stumbling upon new quotes and thoughts in everyday media. Below  is  a collection a few favourites of mine; some the sayings belong to unknown authors while others range from writers,poets,painters to musicians and  even fictional characters.


"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost" - J.R.R Tolkien

“When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don’t seem to matter very, much do they?”  - Virginia Woolf

 “ One day, you’re 17 and you’re planning for someday and then quietly without you ever noticing, someday is today and then someday is yesterday and this is your life.”  - John Green

"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."- Albus Dumbledore

“Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." - Veronica A. Shoffstall

“Just remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn’t the way they actually are.” - John Green 

 “That’s the thing about art, see - if its done right it will make you question everything you are”

 “Well now if little by little you stop loving me, I shall stop loving you little by little. If Suddenly you forget me do not look for me, for I shall already have forgotten you.”

“That’s not writing, that’s typing” – Truman  Capote

"And that’s the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too." - The Kite Runner  

"I can’t just have one painting—I need to cover the wall in paintings. It’s the same with my music. I want to mix everything together to create more." - Florence Welch 

“There are worse things than being alone but it often takes decades to realise this and most often when you do its too late and there is nothing worse than too late”

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead to an understanding about ourselves." -Carl Jung 

No comments:

Post a Comment